In 2020, COVID-19 quickly became one of the leading causes of death in the United States. What racial and ethnic groups have experienced a higher share of deaths?
On December 19, 2022, the Kansas Health Institute (KHI) held a pop-up convening to explore COVID-19 death rates by race and ethnicity and trends throughout the pandemic and to learn about community efforts that addressed vaccine equity.
Hina B. Shah, M.P.H., KHI Senior Analyst & Portfolio Strategist, led the discussion and moderated the panel.
- Dr. Ximena Garcia, M.D., Senior Advisor for Vaccine Equity, Kansas Office of the Governor
- Dr. Manuel Solano, M.D., Director of Behavioral Health, Samuel U Rodgers Community Health Center; formerly Program Director, Community Health Council of Wyandotte County
- Dr. Racquel Stucky, D.O., Family Medicine, Garden City, KS
- Shaun Rojas, Senior Director of Civic Engagement, Kansas Leadership Center
- Dr. Donnis McPhaul, Owner, Personal Touch Events, LLC
View a recording of the session below.