Grab your lunch and join us to learn about Medicaid Unwinding in Kansas.
When: Noon to 1 p.m. CDT, Monday, April 17, 2023
Where: Zoom virtual meeting – link will be sent with confirmation email
Federal legislation tied to the nationwide COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE) incentivized states to maintain eligibility for Medicaid enrollees during the COVID-19 pandemic by increasing federal funding for Medicaid programs. In response, Kansas, and all other states, delayed action on annual reviews, ensuring continuous coverage during the pandemic. Starting April 1, 2023, Kansas will have up to 12 months to process all eligibility casework for KanCare that was not acted upon during the PHE. This process is called Unwinding.
This session will feature presentations by Russell Nittler from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment and Sheena L. Schmidt, M.P.P., Senior Analyst from the Kansas Health Institute.
Kate Gramlich, from Cover Kansas, will facilitate a panel discussion on how organizations are conducting outreach to Kansans who may be at risk of disenrollment. Panelists include:
- Molly Gotobed, Kansas Assistance Network and Community Health Council of Wyandotte County
- Aurora Myers, KanCare Ombudsman’s Office at Wichita State University’s Community Engagement Institute
- Alydia Offutt, Hoxie Medical Clinic and Sheridan County Health Complex
- Learn about the Medicaid and CHIP unwinding process,
- Gain an understanding of data that identify people living in areas at highest risk of disenrollment, and
- Hear from a panel of stakeholders who will discuss outreach and engagement strategies that use geographic data to target populations at risk of disenrollment.
Continuing Education Credits
KHI is offering continuing education credits for the following professionals – physicians, APRNs, RNs and social workers. Other participants may request a certificate of attendance. Instructions to receive credit or a certificate will be provided at the event.
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy as to Students
The Kansas Health Institute admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs and other school-administered programs and conferences. Please call (785) 233-5443 with any questions.