When: 1-2:30 p.m. CDT, Thursday, Sept. 7, 2023
Where: This event will be presented in a hybrid format, with in-person and virtual attendance options available. Specific details will be sent with confirmation email once registered.
The lifeline has now been in operation for a full year and has seen successes with response to those in crisis. Join KHI for a panel discussion, including behavioral health professionals and others who have played an instrumental role in the lifeline’s implementation. We’ll share data from the first year of operation and discuss next steps for this vital resource to Kansas individuals and families.
- Chelsea Booth, Ph.D., Public Health Advisor in the 988 Behavioral Health Crisis Coordinating Office, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Laura Brake, M.H.S., Director of Crisis Services, Behavioral Health Services Commission at the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services
- Monica Kurz, Vice President of External Programming, Kansas Suicide Prevention HQ
- Representative Brenda Landwehr, House of Representatives, Kansas Legislature
- Aaron Newton, L.C.S.W., Director of Clinical Operations, HealthSource Integrated Solutions