Digital Communications Internship
Nov. 08, 2023
If you have an interest in public relations and communications work, the Kansas Health Institute (KHI) has an opportunity, beginning January 2024. KHI is excited to offer an internship within its division of Strategic Communication and Engagement (SCE).
As an SCE intern at KHI, you will have the chance to explore multiple areas of communications work, including developing website and social media content. You will also contribute to audio and video production and event planning and management.
- Social Media: KHI manages social media pages on various platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Gain understanding on gathering content and moving social posts through an internal approval process and posting. You’ll also monitor engagement on posts to help guide strategy for future content.
- Website: KHI recently updated its website to include many new features not yet fully explored. You will learn about the process of developing content, compiling analytics on page engagement and receive insight into review processes to ensure accuracy.
- Audio and Video Production: KHI recently launched a new podcast and has increased audio and video production to supplement other communications methods, such as hybrid and live events. You’ll learn how this work is done and have the opportunity to gather multimedia elements to create social posts and videos for various purposes.
- Compensation: This paid internship opportunity offers $15 an hour. Not eligible for benefits.
- Schedule: 15-20 hours per week, for 10-12 weeks during the spring, summer or fall semester either hybrid or remote. In person in the office could be required at the beginning of the internship. Time spent at our office will allow you to immerse yourself in our organization’s environment and culture.
- Mentorship: Work closely with SCE team members to learn various roles related to graphic design, editorial content management, publication process, internal communications, in addition to the earlier mentioned learning opportunities related to digital communication.
- Currently enrolled in college, with a strong interest in digital communication.
- Some familiarity with cell phone photography/videography.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
What You’ll Gain:
- Experience in public relations roles.
- Hands-on digital communications training to build portfolio of work.
If you’re ready to embark on a journey of learning, growth, and community impact, apply for the Digital Communications Intern. Discover your potential and make a lasting contribution to the world of health policy and communications.
At KHI, we value diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants. To apply, please submit a cover letter with your resume, your unofficial transcript, names of three references and a sample of work. Please submit materials to Careers@KHI.org.