The Kansas Health Institute convened a panel discussion of early experiences with implementation of the ACA in Kansas. Among the topics discussed:
- The Marketplace and how it is structured and operating in Kansas,
- The outreach and enrollment experience, attractiveness and plan pricing, and
- The perspective of the health plans surrounding quality of enrollment data, technology, provider networks and risk selection.
Panelists for the event:
- Matt All, Senior Vice President and General Counsel for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas,
- Kevin Curry, Regional Director of Sales for Coventry Health Care of Kansas,
- Scott Day, Independent Broker, President of the Kansas Association of Health Underwriters, and Member of the Kansas State Employees Health Care Commission, and
- Linda Sheppard, Special Counsel and Director of Health Care Policy and Analysis for the Kansas Insurance Department.
This discussion was moderated by Robert F. St. Peter, M.D., president and CEO of the Kansas Health Institute.
Full video from the event, including a question and answer period with attendees, follows: