For five lunch hours over three weeks, the Kansas Health Institute offered a series of health policy conversations. See below for a recording of each event.
- March 2: Covering Kansans: A Snapshot of Public and Private Insurance— A discussion of health coverage options in Kansas, including the potential impact of legislation that would expand KanCare.
- February 25: Telehealth: Portal to Health— A session on recent policy changes and future considerations around telehealth, as well as variations in internet access across the state.
- February 23: A Shot at Vaccine Policy— A discussion of both the State and Federal components of vaccine policy decision-making, particularly as it relates to the COVID-19 vaccines.
- February 18: When “Don’t Spit on the Sidewalk” is Not Enough: Public Health and the COVID-19 Response— A frank conversation about the successes and challenges of the public health system as the pandemic response continues.
- February 16: A Playbook for Modernizing the Kansas Behavioral Health System— A discussion of recommendations developed by the working groups of the Special Committee on Mental Health Modernization and Reform.