KHI held its first “Pop-Up Convening” on Thursday, December 17, 2020, and heard from, and asked questions of, federal and state policy leaders on the upcoming health policy agendas in Topeka and Washington, D.C.
- Rep. Will Carpenter, Chair, Social Services Budget Committee, Kansas House
- Sen. Oletha Faust-Goudeau, Asst. Minority Leader, Kansas Senate
- Kyle Christian, Legislative Assistant for Sen. Jerry Moran
- Kate Rohr, Legislative Assistant for Rep. Sharice Davids
- Tom Bell, former CEO of the Kansas Hospital Association
- Alan Cobb, CEO of the Kansas Chamber of Commerce
A recording of the convening is available below.
Note: The first 2 minutes of introductions were not recorded, so the video picks up mid-introduction of the first speaker.
The Kansas Health Institute supports effective policymaking through nonpartisan research, education and engagement. KHI believes evidence-based information, objective analysis and civil dialogue enable policy leaders to be champions for a healthier Kansas. Established in 1995 with a multiyear grant from the Kansas Health Foundation, KHI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization based in Topeka.