Population Health Strategy Team Leader
September 21, 2022
The Kansas Health Institute (KHI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization based in Topeka. As a growing organization, we are committed to improving the health of Kansans through nonpartisan research, education and engagement that support effective policymaking.
We are actively seeking a Population Health Strategy Team Leader to join our Leadership Team to spearhead strategic and programmatic activities within the Population Health strategy, with a primary focus on community health improvement. Reporting to the President & CEO, this position will lead in developing innovative initiatives, managing a portfolio of projects, resource development, and budget management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and implementation of a portfolio of complex, multidisciplinary projects, workplans, and budgets within the Population Health Strategy.
- Identify, develop and lead activities in research and policy projects pertinent to the state of Kansas.
- Identify, assess, and pursue externally funded opportunities aligned with the strategic plan and lines of service.
- Collaborate with colleagues to advance the Public Health System and Services portfolio.
- Create and deliver presentations of project findings for internal and external audiences, including policymakers.
- Plan and conduct health policy forums and seminars.
- Develop and deliver presentations at the local, state and national level (including testimony to the Kansas Legislature).
- Provide subject matter expertise to local, state and national organizations.
- Serve as the organization’s representative on state and national advisory councils and conference planning committees.
- Develop and provide technical assistance to local communities, state agencies and national organizations’ members and/or grantees.
- Develop collaborative relationships with state agency staff, members of the Legislature, faculty and staff from universities, health policy professionals, public health and medical professionals and private health associations.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction of KHI and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
A master’s degree in health policy, public policy, public health, psychology, sociology, economics or a related field is required, and a minimum of ten years of relevant experience, or a doctoral degree and relevant experience.
We are excited to build our organizational capacity to conduct community-based participatory research (CBPR), and applied experience is highly desirable. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience translating data and research findings into concise, well-organized reports suitable for health policy and public health audiences.
Relevant, practical experience, ideally in a state or federal policymaking setting, is also valued for this position. This is a supervisory position with the opportunity to provide mentorship and support to colleagues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Qualitative and quantitative research
- Practical experience with community-based participatory research
- Familiarity with Health in All Policies
- Ability to lead projects
- Ability to analyze relevant qualitative and quantitative information
- Familiarity with federal and state government
- Knowledge of health policy issues
- Interpersonal skills for working with and mentoring colleagues in a team environment
- Ability to think creatively and strategically about new program development
KHI’s Work Environment: We are a collaborative team, and our work is performed in a hybrid work environment (a combination of office and remote), with the occasional need to travel to attend events and meetings in other locations.
Compensation: The anticipated hiring salary range for this position is $101,000 to $128,000. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. KHI also provides excellent benefits which include health insurance, retirement, and other fringe benefits, paid parental leave, an infant-at-work program, and resources for professional development.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume directly to www.ThePublicHealthNetwork.com no later than October 12, 2022. Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply prior to the submission deadline as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. KHI has contracted with The Public Health Network to recruit and screen candidates for this leadership position.
The Kansas Health Institute is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. KHI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.