Educational Programs Manager
February 1, 2024
The Kansas Health Institute (KHI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization based in Topeka, Kansas, established in 1995 with a multi-year grant from the Kansas Health Foundation. As a growing organization, we are committed to improving the health of Kansans through nonpartisan research, education and engagement that support effective policymaking.
We are actively seeking a highly qualified Educational Programs Manager to join our team. As the Educational Programs Manager at KHI, you will be pivotal in developing and managing educational offerings to support our mission of improving the health of Kansans. This position requires a self-starter with strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and collaborate effectively with various stakeholders. You will be responsible for designing, coordinating, and implementing educational programs in multiple formats, fostering collaborative relationships, and mentoring project staff. You will also work closely with the Strategic Communication and Engagement team to support the promotion of convenings and the production of audiovisual content to augment the educational mission.
- Develop and oversee the scope of educational offerings at KHI, including Project ECHO series, facilitated workshops, webinars, panels, conferences, open houses, podcasts and other formats.
- Organize educational content for various modes, such as virtual, in-person, hybrid, and satellite locations, ensuring accessibility and effectiveness.
- Schedule and facilitate planning meetings with colleagues and manage processes for providing certificates, badges and continuing education units.
- Set up and execute engagement tools, including live polls, breakout rooms, word clouds, and process facilitation tools to enhance learning experiences.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with state agency staff, members of the Kansas Legislature, university faculty and staff, health policy professionals, public health and medical professionals, private health associations, and community organizations.
- Collaborate with the Strategic Communication and Engagement team to develop audio, visual and photographic content to support convenings and other educational programming.
- Document project management processes for educational programs to ensure smooth workflow processes and improved performance and efficiency.
- Work cooperatively with all employees, vendors, federal, state, and local agency personnel and stakeholders to achieve educational goals.
- Work closely with the President, Directors, and other KHI staff to align educational programs with KHI’s broader activities and mission.
- Provide guidance and mentorship.
Qualifications and Experience
Considered candidates must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, public administration, political science, public health, social sciences, education or a related discipline. A graduate degree is preferred. Candidate should have a minimum of 7 years’ experience with communication, policy and/or educational program development responsibilities. Considered candidates should have the following skills:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Excellent organizational and planning ability
- Experience with program and curriculum development
- Familiarity with Kansas government, public health and health care landscape
- Ability to work independently and with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with task forces, advisory groups, policy councils or similar bodies
- Consistent history of meeting deadlines while managing multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to develop and mentor staff
- Proficiency with platforms that support interactive virtual engagement (including Microsoft Teams and Zoom)
- Experience in multimedia
KHI’s Work Environment: Work will be performed in a hybrid in-office and remote work environment and involves frequent contact with other employees, either in-person or virtually. The position requires the ability to independently execute and manage workload efficiently within a fast-paced, high-energy work environment.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The anticipated annual salary range at hiring for candidates meeting these qualifications is $77,000 to $95,000. KHI provides benefits that include health insurance, retirement and other fringe benefits, paid parental and caregiver leave, an infant-at-work program, and resources for professional development.
To Apply: Please submit a letter of application no later than February 23, 2024, with curriculum vitae, names of three references and samples of work. These items can be uploaded and submitted in the form below.
For questions, please contact us at Careers@KHI.org.
Kansas Health Institute
212 SW 8th Avenue | Suite 300
Topeka, Kansas | 66603
KHI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization based in Topeka, Kansas, established in 1995 with a multi-year grant from the Kansas Health Foundation.
KHI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Educational Programs Manager Application
Educational Programs Manager (Feb. 1, 2024)
"*" indicates required fields