Director of Strategic Communication and Engagement
November 23, 2022
The Kansas Health Institute (KHI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization based in Topeka. As a growing organization, we are committed to improving the health of Kansans through nonpartisan research, education and engagement that support effective policymaking.
We are actively seeking a Director of Strategic Communication and Engagement to build and advance the brand of KHI as a credible, unbiased source of health policy information. This leadership position will enhance stakeholder engagement through cutting-edge, digital media strategies and other creative marketing and communication methods. As a member of the executive management team reporting directly to the President & CEO, the Director will play a key role in shaping and promoting the work of KHI.
- Oversees the development and implementation of a portfolio that includes brand development, storytelling and educational events, as well as government and community relations.
- Leads and mentors members of the KHI communications team.
- Collaborates with staff to support all educational sessions, events and meetings held in the KHI Learning Center, including distance-learning sessions facilitated by KHI.
- Provides training, mentoring and guidance across the organization in the development and execution of communication and engagement strategies, including media relations, product development and digital marketing.
- Collaborates with other strategy teams to effectively incorporate equity in KHI products and activities.
- Creates, implements and monitors communication strategies, policies and procedures to ensure all written products, website and social media materials, convening activities and other messages are effective tools of communication.
Qualifications and Experience
Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, excellent writing and editing skills, expertise in marketing and social media strategies, experience in website management, a track record of developing and implementing effective strategic communication plans, a strong work ethic, and a mission-driven focus. A working knowledge of the political and health policy landscapes in Kansas is highly desirable.
KHI’s Work Environment: We are a collaborative team, and our work is performed in a hybrid work environment (a combination of office and remote), with the occasional need to travel to attend events and meetings in other locations.
Compensation: The anticipated hiring salary range for this position is $113,000 to $144,000. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. KHI also provides excellent benefits, which include health insurance, retirement, and other fringe benefits, paid parental leave, an infant-at-work program, and resources for professional development.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume directly to www.ThePublicHealthNetwork.com no later than December 22, 2022. Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply prior to the submission deadline as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. KHI has contracted with The Public Health Network to recruit and screen candidates for this leadership position.
The Kansas Health Institute is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. KHI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.