Analyst/Senior Analyst, Public Health
May 26, 2023
The Kansas Health Institute (KHI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization based in Topeka, Kansas, established in 1995 with a multi-year grant from the Kansas Health Foundation. As a growing organization, we are committed to improving the health of Kansans through nonpartisan research, education and engagement that support effective policymaking.
We are actively seeking a highly qualified Analyst/Senior Analyst, Public Health to join our team and help fulfill our mission of improving the health of Kansans through nonpartisan research, education, and engagement that support effective policymaking. The COVID-19 pandemic has emphasized the critical role and the fragile situation of public health infrastructure in the United States.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a portfolio of new and existing projects.
- Advance public health services and system research and policy development through the provision of technical assistance, education, and expertise on system-level issues, with a focus on equity and social determinants of health.
- Establish partnerships that build and support authentic community engagement and planning.
- Guide and support the development of community health assessments and community health improvement plans.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary colleagues to effectively support local and regional government partners and organizations.
- Participate in research and analysis on public health issues using a mixed methods approach, including literature review, environmental scans, and qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Prepare clear and well-written technical reports, briefs and presentations summarizing research findings, policy recommendations, and their implications.
- Provide technical assistance to organizations and individuals.
- Develop and deliver presentations to community members, public health professionals and other partners.
- Facilitate meetings and workgroups.
Qualifications and Experience
Considered candidates must have a master’s degree in public health or a related field and at least four years of experience in state or local public health. Candidates with 10 or more years of relevant experience may be hired as a Senior Analyst.
Candidates must also have knowledge of the core functions, essential services, principles, practices, and terminology involved in contemporary public health, as well as public health data and policy, with a strong understanding of public health disciplines, practice settings and principles of equity. Candidates with experience in strategic planning, facilitation, performance improvement, change management, and community health assessment and improvement planning will be well-suited for this position. The ability to work productively with stakeholders who hold a wide range of perspectives on public health will be critical, and the ideal candidate should possess exceptional ability to maintain a composed, focused demeanor in challenging and fast-paced situations, including those that involve complexity and potential disagreement.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with a variety of research methods and tools, both quantitative and qualitative (e.g., Tableau, Qualtrics, NVivo, EndNote). Experience with grant-funded and contract research, a background in authentic community engagement, and the ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary, team-oriented setting are desired. Candidates should demonstrate strong writing and oral presentation skills.
In addition to the above qualifications, a candidate who has previous experience working with diverse populations or organizations and addressing their various needs is a plus. The successful candidate will have knowledge of community health assessment and community health improvement planning processes and methodologies. Experience providing technical assistance to local and regional government partners and organizations is also valued.
KHI’s Work Environment: We are a collaborative team, and our work is performed in a hybrid work environment (a combination of office and remote). Some travel within Kansas and the surrounding region will be required for this position.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The anticipated annual salary range at hiring for candidates meeting minimum qualifications is $64,000 to $75,000. The anticipated annual salary range at hiring for candidates who meet the qualifications for a Senior Analyst is $77,000 to $95,000. KHI also provides excellent benefits, which include health insurance, retirement and other fringe benefits, paid parental and caregiver leave, an infant-at-work program, and resources for professional development.
To Apply: Please upload a cover letter and curriculum vitae as a single attachment to www.ThePublicHealthNetwork.com no later than June 16, 2023. Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply prior to the submission deadline as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Well-qualified candidates will be asked to submit references and written samples of work. KHI has contracted with The Public Health Network to recruit and screen candidates for this position.
The Kansas Health Institute is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.