On Sept. 7, 2023, KHI held an educational event that included a panel discussion with behavioral health professionals and others who have played an instrumental role in the implementation of the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. KHI shared data from the first year of operation and discussed next steps for this vital resource to Kansas individuals and families.
- Chelsea Booth, Ph.D., Public Health Advisor in the 988 Behavioral Health Crisis Coordinating Office, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Laura Brake, M.H.S., Director of Crisis Services, Behavioral Health Services Commission at the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services
- Monica Kurz, Vice President of External Programming, Kansas Suicide Prevention HQ
- Representative Brenda Landwehr, House of Representatives, Kansas Legislature
- Aaron Newton, L.C.S.W., Director of Clinical Operations, HealthSource Integrated Solutions
A recording of the event is below.