Experts at the Kansas Health Institute explore a wide range of health policy topics, which is why visitors to KHI.org are just as likely to find county-level health data as they are to learn how proposed health policy changes in Topeka and D.C. could affect Kansans.
To illustrate, we've ranked the most-read items in 2018 from the KHI website.
- 2018 County Health Rankings (County Profiles) (March 2018)
- 2018 Kansas Legislative Preview (January 2018)
- Deaths by Suicide: Disparities in the Sunflower State (April 2018)
- Socioeconomic Status: Disparities in the Sunflower State (April 2018)
- How KHI’s Kansas Medicaid Expansion Estimate Stacks Up to Experience in Other States (April 2018)
- KanCare Expansion and Work Requirements (March 2018)
- Annual Insurance Update 2018 (February 2018)
- States Move to Implement Medicaid Work Requirements (July 2018)
- Health Insurance in Kansas 2017 (Infographic) (November 2018)
- Mental Health Task Force (Testimony) (January 2018)
The Kansas Health Institute supports effective policymaking through nonpartisan research, education and engagement. KHI believes evidence-based information, objective analysis and civil dialogue enable policy leaders to be champions for a healthier Kansas. Established in 1995 with a multiyear grant from the Kansas Health Foundation, KHI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization based in Topeka.