Experts at the Kansas Health Institute explore a wide range of health policy topics, which is why visitors to KHI.org are just as likely to find county-level health data as they are to learn how proposed health policy changes in Topeka and D.C. could affect Kansans.
To illustrate, we've ranked the most-read items in 2020 from the KHI website.
1. A Kansas Twist — Reopening Plans for Kansas Counties (May-December 2020)
2. Medicaid Expansion in Kansas: Estimated Enrollment and Costs (January 2020)
3. Health at the Capitol: Special Edition — Summary of HB 2016 (June 2020)
4. HI-C: Health Impact Checklist (February 2020)
5. A Kansas Twist: The Rapidly Changing National Marijuana Debate (February 2020)
6. 2020 Kansas Legislative Preview (January 2020)
7. Uninsured Rates Across Kansas Counties (September 2020)
8. 2020 County Health Rankings: County Profiles (March 2020)
9. ICYMI: Virtual Event — Prescriptions for Change (September 2020)
10. Insurance Coverage in the Medicaid Expansion Target Population (February 2020)
The Kansas Health Institute supports effective policymaking through nonpartisan research, education and engagement. KHI believes evidence-based information, objective analysis and civil dialogue enable policy leaders to be champions for a healthier Kansas. Established in 1995 with a multiyear grant from the Kansas Health Foundation, KHI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization based in Topeka.