THIS PAGE HAS MOVED
On June 18, 2020, the Legislative Coordinating Council approved the creation of the Special Committee on Kansas Mental Health Modernization and appointed Rep. Brenda Landwehr as Chair. The Special Committee is charged with analyzing the state’s behavioral health system “to ensure that both inpatient and outpatient services are accessible in communities, review the capacity of current behavioral health workforce, study the availability and capacity of crisis centers and substance abuse facilities, assess the impact of recent changes to state policies on the treatment of individuals with behavioral needs,” and make recommendations focusing on how Kansas should modernize its behavioral health delivery system. Visit this link for more information about the Special Committee.
The Special Committee created three Working Groups: Finance and Sustainability; Policy and Treatment; and, System Capacity and Transformation. KHI staff are providing administrative and facilitation support to the three Working Groups. For more information on the Working Groups, please contact KHI staff.
Livestream available here.
Finance & Sustainability Working Group
- Wednesday, October 14, 12:30-2 p.m. CDT
- Thursday, October 1, 8:30-10 a.m. CDT
- Wednesday, September 16, Noon-1:30 p.m. CDT
Policy & Treatment Working Group
- Tuesday, October 13, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. CDT
- Tuesday, September 29, 3-4:30 p.m. CDT
- Tuesday, September 15, 3-4:30 p.m. CDT
System Capacity & Transformation Working Group
- Friday, October 9, Noon-1:30 p.m. CDT
- Wednesday, September 30, 12:30-2 p.m. CDT
- Friday, September 18, Noon-1:30 p.m. CDT
Other Working Group Documents
- Mental Health Modernization and Reform Committee — Working Group Charter: Discussion Draft
- Crosswalk of Recommendations Concerning Kansas Mental Health — Memo from KLRD dated 8/26/2020
- Mental Health Modernization and Reform — Working Group Recommendation Rubric, 2020
KHI Video Archive