Kansas Budget Basics
The budget is divided into the State General Fund and All Other Funds. The State General Fund portion for FY 2013 totals $6.2 billion. This is the portion of the budget lawmakers have the most discretion over.
The majority of State General Fund receipts come from individual income tax collections and from sales tax collections. Most State General Fund expenditures go to education and human services.
- 2014 SGF February ReceiptsSTATE GENERAL FUND (SGF) RECEIPTS July through February, FY 2014
- Health Insurance Marketplace, January 2014 Enrollment
- Governor's Budget Report, FY 2015 (updated)
- House Substitute for SB 245A bill that adds back about $360 million for the Kansas Department of Corrections.
- State General Funds Receipts